Healthy Chocolate Crackle Bars!


Today I tried out this recipe from Naughty Naturopath Mum and the result was healthy deliciousness!    

I am currently on a mission to find more healthy foods that my 3 year old son will actually eat and these looked like a good bet.

Ingredients: (I made a big batch so I doubled the original recipe because it just didn't seem like that much)



4 cups of puffed brown rice
2 cups of dessicated coconut
1/4 cup of chia seeds 
1/4 cup of natvia
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 1/2 cups rice malt syrup
1/4 cup organic cacao powder

Note: I made changes to the sweetener and chocolate powder compared to original recipe.

Method:

Place all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl


Place coconut oil and rice malt syrup in a microwave safe bowl and microwave until melted (about 60 seconds in my microwave). Keep an eye on it as you don't want it to get too hot, just enough for it to turn to liquid. This is what mine looked like before and after microwaving.



Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until well combined...


Place mixture into a lined baking tray so that it is about an inch thick


Put the finished product in the fridge for a few hours before slicing into bars and serving...

They were a hit! Yey!!

 Yes, Mason has a bandaid on his head. No, he did not get hurt. He just wanted to put a Transformers bandaid on his head and I'm the kind of Mum that allows these things to happen :)


In these photos Mason had just come home from hanging out with 'Peepa' (The name he has given his Grandpa) and he had a blast so he was very hyped up and wouldn't sit still for a photo! haha

Let me know if you give these bars a try. I would love to hear from you :)

Hope you've had a lovely weekend! 

Sophia xo

No comments :

Post a Comment