Rewarding yourself with things other than food!


I for one am a shocker for rewarding myself for doing simple day to day tasks with food. Getting the washing done, the kids to bed, running errands, going to the gym, finishing work, just simply making it through the day and I am heading straight to the kitchen to see what naughty treat I can find. I have been like that for as long as I can remember. And before you say well just choose something healthy, sorry but that's not going to cut it. I'm not going to reward myself with a carrot. I like carrots, but they aren't what I am reaching for when I am looking to pat myself on the back and relax. It is a habit I am trying really really hard to break. 

I am especially bad at this in the winter months. I find the cold and the rain painful and depressing and I am constantly looking to reward myself for completing mundane tasks because to me it all just seems harder in the winter. In the past (and I'm not going to lie, occasionally in the not too distant past... Last night maybe... Whaaaat!) a hot chocolate was top of the list and was often accompanied by marshmallows, chocolate and some biscuits for dipping (yum!). Last year when I was pregnant, this was pretty much my nightly ritual! And it has been my ritual for many many years before! In trying to change my lifestyle this has been by far the hardest part! This winter season it has not been my nightly ritual but it's been my nightly struggle not to do it and more often than not I am successful but not always.

So, getting to my point, In an effort to find non food replacements to reward myself with at the end of the day I went out and bought some bath bombs from Lush and some chocolate and Creme Brûlée teas some T2. 

 I got the Creamy Candy Bubble Bar and the Sex Bomb Bath Bomb...
 as well as the Mint Julips Lip Scrub. This stuff smells and tastes absolutely amazing and leaves your lips feeling so soft. It also makes such a difference to how lipstick and lipgloss apply!

Chocolate & Creme Brulee Tea!


So my new hot chocolate and marshmallows is hot baths and tea. 

Do you reward yourself with food? Have you got any good tips for changing this habit? I would love to hear from you :)

Wish me luck!

Sophia xo

No comments :

Post a Comment